Bud Harrelson has made the most errors in Mets history with 183. Not surprising considering he had 6,139 total chances - 5th all time among Mets. The only four Mets who had more total chances than him should not come as a surprise - Ed Kranepool, Jerry Grote, Keith Hernandez and Mike Piazza. Two first basemen. Two catchers. Guys who get a chance with every groundout to first and with every strikeout.
1) Bud Harrelson - 183 errors in 6,139 total chances
2) Howard Johnson - 180 errors in 3.063 total chances
3) David Wright - 132 errors in 2,836 total chances
4) Jose Reyes - 107 errors in 4,135 total chances
4) Wayne Garrett - 105 errors in 2,620 total chances
What does this tell us? Bud may have made more errors than any Met in history (he only played with them for 13 seasons), but HoJo had an iron glove.